Strategy R&D Themes
1. Independent Living - Ageing, Lifestyle & Nutrition
- Frailty, wellbeing, independent and assisted living.
- Pathologies related to inactivity.
- Intrinsic and extrinsic influences on cell biology.
- Influence of nutrition on health status.
- Influence of exercise on health status.
2. Telemedicine / e-Health / Biotechnology
- Ambulatory healthcare.
- Preventative medicine.
- Biomonitoring and autonomous healthcare.
- Non/minimally invasive medical devices and procedures.
- Technology-enabled care programs and new methods for healthcare delivery and independent living.
3. Morbidity in relation to space travel
- Healthcare preparations for commercial human spaceflight
- Healthcare support to the commercial human spaceflight sector.
4. Human Factors and Performance
- Optimisation of individual and team performance for personal health and productivity.
- Monitoring and assessing human performance across leisure and operational activities.
- Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction and Human Robot Interaction design and systems integrations.
- Improved performance and mitigation of habitability, environmental and behavioural factors that pose significant risk to health and performance.